Pages

Monday, February 16, 2015

Scrim Lace Sampling...















Once again I have been bitten by the scrim lace muse. I love how this always has such an airy look to it. This time there is some cross stitch added in the form of roses. I have I ever said that I absolutely hated cross stitch on here before? Well, I do and that has not changed. However, using the waste canvas and a small rose pattern I have added some stitched roses to the lace. I have not changed my mind about the cross stitch, but in small samples I am ok with it. A few more to go and then I will be adding some bullions, bumpy bits and a few knots here and there.

9 comments:

Terry said...

That's so pretty! :0)

Michelle said...

This is really pretty. I have to ask though, what kind of lace is this? Is it bought this way or made? I know I sound dumb but I'm not sure.

Jane said...

This is so pretty. I need to replace my fmq foot so I can make some more

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

this piece is fabulous and the roses are an excellent enhancement.

Karen said...

it's just so beautiful.....how can you hate something that creates this much loveliness....

Judy S. said...

It's beautiful, Wendy!

Suztats said...

Looking Fab! Love the scrim lace.

sawsan said...

Will you show the complete and last version of your work
I do not understand what is it.Thanks for sharing.
http://myeleganthome.blogspot.ae/

Jillayne said...

Just stunning Wendy! I love the size of some of your holes - they add such a beautful airiness to your lace - love this!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails