Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Progress Fools Gold RR/Arlene's Block

Two posts in one day:) The block I am currently working on for this RR is Arlene's. I absolutely love the colors that she has chosen to use. I chose the other fan block to work as I have a love for fan blocks. So far I have added the laces and one lace motif that I will be using for this block. I have about 5 1/2hrs. invested so far in this block. I am keeping track of the time on each of these blocks that I have invested in them. Until Gerry K noted how many hours she spent on a block I had never thought to keep track of how much time was spent per block. When you do so, you realize just how much time you can spend when working on a block. Below is a  breakdown of hours spent so far on Arlene's block.
Drafting the design of the block: 3hrs.
Sewing down the lace: 2 1/2 hrs.
Next I will be doing the seams and then adding the beading which takes a long time.
Blank block before any work:
 Block after lace has been added:
Tomorrow I will be starting the seams.
Until next time,
Wendy

1 comment:

Arlene White said...

Wendy this is looking good, can't wait to see it finished. Can you post your design???

Arlene
http://arlenes-crafts.blogspot.com.au/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails