Pages

Monday, February 07, 2011

Some Crazy Quilting Updates.......

Sorry for such a long time between posts.....we have finally gotten all the sickness out of the house and things are getting back to normal.... I have been working on some round robins from Crazy Quilting International....Below are some of the blocks I have been working on. First up is Lorrie's block from the rr that I am in with her. This rr is a DYB= do your own block where we send out 6 nekkid blocks and each person in the rr works on a block. When you get them back home you will have one left to embellish yourself. Lorrie's theme is Christmas, Jesus is the reason for the season........I chose the block with the baby Jesus and really enjoyed working on her block.....I used lots of sequins and beading. All thread is DMC perle cotton #8......
 The next block is from the 2nd Winter Theme DYB rr from the same group......with different people.......this block belongs to Thearica and her theme is snowmen......This was a fun block to work on as well. Lots of beading, sequins and lace of course.....her colors were really rich and vibrant just the way I like them.....I made the snowman from lace and beading with sre for his hat and bow tie.....I really enjoyed this theme. I used DMC perle #8 thread along with some silver metallic thread (the metallic thread is horrible to work with but so pretty)......all beads are czech glass beads.....the lace motif reminded me of a white poinsettia that I had yrs. ago with a pink center......
 Both sets of my blocks are exactly the same.......done in blue tones my theme for both rr's is winter. I requested that everyone stay within my colors of icy blues, whites and silver for threads and beading. Think arctic colors......below is what my nekkid blocks looked like when I sent them out.....when they come home I will post a pic of the finished blocks......These are the first set that I sent out....love all that icy blue.......
 This is the second set for the next rr that I sent out.......again nice and icy blue.......this is a great pallet for the winter theme that I am going for.......


The only difference in the blocks is the first set has a dark blue velvet and these blocks have the blue swirl......all the other fabrics are the same. When put together they will look really well together. I have almost finished my peacock block and will post an update pic of it later......hope you are stitching up a lot of great items.......

Happy Stitching,

Wendy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Wendy your work on Thearica and Lorrie's blocks is great! I love the bottom seam treatment on Lorries, beautiful! Your snowman in the lower right side of Thearica is awesome. Well done. The DYB on CQI is my all time favorite round robin.

Your blocks are GORGEOUS!!!! Blue is my favorite color and your choice is wonderful. I think if Ice blue. I cant wait to see them all finished:):)

P.S. Thanks for all the support you have given me! You are so great!

Ann Flowers
flowerscrazyq@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails