Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow, Ice, Flu and a Finish

Ok snow at Christmas was ok and so very pretty. It was a once in a lifetime event for our state. My mom and dad are 77 and 75 yrs. young and had never seen a white Christmas. Sunday evening it started sleeting around 3:30 and put an inch of ice on the ground. At about 6pm it started snowing...........which ended up being about 7inches where we are........my driveway is on an incline and it is iced over........cannot get out........I need to mail out some things for some RR's I am in......can't until Wed. as the post office is closed until then.....snow is starting to melt and making a slushy mess.....glad it does not do this very often here......on top of the ice and snow here my middle daughter is in Atlanta which is shut down due to snow and ice conditions with her sister.......We have had flu since before Christmas starting with my dad then my middle daughter and now my son......this is not a simple strain of flu either it is really bad........high fever, throwing up, chills, congestion, coughing that will not stop, stuffy head and chest filled with yuk........son has been sick almost a week now.......it took my dad and daughter two weeks to be symptom free........I am tired, cranky and just want my children to feel better.......hopefully through nursing children through this I will be immune to it. The Dr. office is full of sick people and there is not much they can do besides antibiotics and cough meds. 
 "   Peacock Tiles "

"
I have been able to complete a mini quilt for the studio during this time by working in small snippets of time......I had wanted to make one of these since I ran across it on  Crazy Mom Quilts blog. Just follow the link to see the tutorial that she did. You might want to make one for yourself. This is my first finish of the year........I may be absent for a while as I am tending to sick ones but will try and post again this week if possible.

Happy Stitching,
Wendy                                              

5 comments:

Judy S. said...

Stay well and warm, Wendy!

Barb said...

I love your mini quilt....

Gerry said...

This is so pretty! And congrats on the snow, I guess???? We've had little snow but temps in the below 0's. Not sure which is worse. LOL

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog. I know it's been a while but I just don't get online too much lately.

Well, I'm off to see what else you've been up to.

Pamela Kieffer said...

This is my first visit to your blog and liked what you had to say. Take care of yourself, your family needs you.

Cat said...

Love Love Love your mini quilt! Gorgeous!
Cat xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails