Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

What I Have Been Up To

Well the title of this should be something else I guess since I have not been doing a whole lot. I have been having some health issues so not much sewing, quilting going on. I did finally receive my Tussie Mussie swap box on today. Here is the one I sent my partner and here is what she sent to me:





And this is what was inside........a cute little pin cushion made like a teacup and some nail polish with accessories.
Thank you Ruth for the lovely items that you sent. The basket is very pretty and looks vintage-ish from the Victorian era. The next thing is this lovely swan planter that I found while out thrifting with my brothers girlfriend.
This swan is large and I am trying to find a 24"   bottle brush sisal tree to put in the back. I am hoping to find one soon so I can embellish it with vintage jewelry and all things sparkly. Last but not least I have pulled my fabric for Esther's new BOM  "   In The Pink"
Hopefully I can get the first set of blocks cut out soon and start on this wonderful quilt. I am progressing on the blue quilt but am keeping it a secret so my mom does not see it before it is ready. I will post pics of the progress soon. 


Happy Stitching,
Wendy

4 comments:

Maria said...

Sorry to hear you have been unwell.

Love your basket and the one you received with the goodies.

I have not picked the fabric for Esther's BOM.So you have done well.

Check out my blog to see what I have been up to. LOL

http://maria-lifeontheblock.blogspot.com

Judy S. said...

Hope today finds you feeling better, Wendy. I love the fabrics you have chosen for your next project!

Gerry said...

Hello Wendy,
WOW what lovelies you have posted! I love the swan.

And congrats on your win, too. You really hit the jackpot on this one. If those threads don't inspire, I don't know what would.

I see your cute little shoe pincushion a few posts down. I have one of those sitting on my work table that I made a year (or so) ago. Mine is in green of course. LOL.

Thanks for visiting my blog, for your words of encouragement, and for your prayers. They are much appreciated!

Esther Aliu said...

Wishing you speeded recovery!
Love your choice of fabric.
esther

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails