Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Progress on Black/White Crazy Quilt

I am making progress on my Black/White crazy quilt. I am almost finished piecing all of the blocks. I made four blocks on yesterday and need to finish two more small ones plus the big middle block. I hope to have it all pieced and ready to embellish by Monday am. I love the black/white combination together. Six of the blocks are from an RR that I just completed on CQI. The rest I will be working on over the next month or so. It has taken me forever to decide on the center block, but finally I have drawn the pattern for the centerpiece onto my muslin. I decided on a central fan and four corner fans for the quilt. I finally came up with a center fan that I am pleased with after many drawings and fussing with the handle I have decided I am happy with it. All the blocks finish at 8" except the center block and it is 17" x 17" and will finish at 16". I was going to piece all the corner fans differently but as you can see from the lower left block and the two upper blocks that I have changed my mind. I am going to go with the upper blocks and will have to redo the outer fabric on the fan on the lower left block. I like the upper fans because they bring cohesiveness to the blocks. The outer fabric is in each of the other blocks as well. Below is a pic of my quilt in progress. I will post again when the other two blocks are finished, the one block is corrected and the center block is complete.

Now back to the sewing room for more work on these blocks. Hopefully I will have these completed in the next day or so. Until then Happy Stitching,
Wendy

10 comments:

jacq said...

I think they look great!

Rose Anne B said...

WOW Wendy that is dramatic!!! I can't wait to see them all dressed up and together. Way to go girl!

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

Beautiful design Wendy! This is going to be just stunning!
Hugs,
Kerry

Karen said...

WOW Wendy!!
I am loving your quilt. I am just starting to work on my black and white blocks so I will be keeping an eye on your work for inspiration!

Debra Dixon said...

What a clever concept! Will you do the seam treatments in bright colors?

Beena said...

Love the way this is coming along, Wendy! Very striking!

Maria said...

Wow love your black and white blocks, can't wait to see finished top.

Thelma said...

Beautiful design Wendy it's looking great!

Judy S. said...

This is going to be a lovely quilt, Wendy. I've been collecting b & w fabric for a while now, and you've given me some good inspiration! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

How exciting it is to see the block I worked on in your grouping. It brings such a feeling of wow it can be done. Your design is amazing. All the elements look fantastic Oh and your middle is AWESOME. Great choice!


Cant wait to see it done!


Ann Flowers
flowerscrazyq@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails